One of the challenges of working as a personal chef is that I am often so busy in the time leading up to the holidays that I barely have time to plan celebrating with—or purchasing gifts for—my own family and friends.
I can’t tell you what I’m doing for them this year (because many of them read this blog), but here are some ideas if you are still trying to come up with something for your friends and family.
Even if you don’t consider yourself a great cook, you can make something in your own kitchen and give it with love.
Here are a few recipes I posted in the past year or so that would make great gifts, especially if they are packaged in seasonal containers and tied up with a bow:
- Gingered Pecans (at right)
- 12th Man Cookies
- Vanilla Shortbread Cookies
- A jar of Rib-Eye Rub
- No-Bake Cookies (gluten-free!)
- Cherry-Almond Scones
- Chocolate Truffles (above)
- Fruitcake Cookies (at right)
- Chocolate-Chip Biscotti (also gluten-free)
- Molasses and Peanut Butter Cookies (for dogs)
I also posted some gift ideas a few years ago that would still make good presents.